(Santa Ana, CA) - Santa Ana College (SAC) showcased their "Top Ten" game entry titled, "Residuum", at the seventh annual IEEE GameSIG Intercollegiate Computer Game Showcase last weekend at Chapman University. At the event, "Residuum" also won another award titled, *"IEEE-ACM Award" - for the game that best-demonstrated simulation of a human ecosystem.
Here is the entire list of games that won additional awards at the 2018 Showcase:
- Sky Farm (UCI) - First place and Showcase Cup
- Reinvent the Wheel (Cal State Long Beach) - Second place and People's Choice Award
- Super Nova (LCAD and USC) - Third place
- Residuum (Santa Ana College) - ACM Award for its simulation of a human ecosystem
- When the Moon Rises (Chapman) - Artistic Achievement Award
- RGB (Chapman) - Technical Achievement Award
- Hive Armada (Chapman) - Accessibility Award
*"IEEE" stands for the international electrical and electronics engineering society. "ACM" is a division of IEEE that is focused on the fields of engineering that relate to computer science.